Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring Awakening: Iconic Inspiration



Clouds are floating overhead, skies are tinted in gloomy grey tones, and I am spending another Saturday morning sipping coffee in my Clark Street apartment trying to fight off this Spring gloom. A week into May, I am still highly anticipating overheard gossip of April showers bringing the May flowers that I so desperately crave. If I cannot admire them outside my window and down the breezy streets of the South Loop, I have taken it upon myself to rely on my browser to be inspired by iconic images of Audrey Hepburn bicycling through the streets in her crisp cut Spring apparel. A woman of such class and elegance who can still ride a bike on a lovely day is a grade A in my book, and she has been the apple of my style eye for this Spring wardrobe transition. It is time leave my cocoon of thick winter knits, fur lined jackets, and clunky snow boot and undergo a Spring awakening with clean cuts, floral prints, and top knots adorned in ribbon bows. Heres some items I found inspired by the style icon I admire so, and some I just find oh so sweet.
Free People: $128
TopShop: $52
TopShop: $70



1 comment:

  1. It is an Audrey's outfit, completely haha!
    And the clutch you've posted for mothers' day, is really nice.

    The Elegance Hunter

    xo

    ReplyDelete